Do guests need to do a PCR test before coming to the Maldives?
Yes. As of 10th September, all visitors arriving to the Maldives must produce proof of negative PCR Test in English, conducted within a maximum of 96 hours prior to departure to the Maldives.
How are you ensuring that Sunland Hotels resorts can safely reopen?
• In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sunland Hotels has identified and implemented new standards of safety and enhanced operational protocols and procedures.
• Sunland Hotels is committed to the safety of all guests and employees, by introducing measures such as physical distancing; masks provided to guests and worn by all employees; increased frequency of cleaning & disinfecting, and training for all employees to ensure compliance for new operational procedures and protocols.
• All of our new standards of practice are detailed in the Sunland Safe Pledge.
• Below we have summarised the key points for your convenience
What safety precautions are you taking in the public spaces?
• Mandatory temperature screening for all guests and associates upon arrival at the resort.
• Hand sanitiser stations in all public areas throughout resort.
• Seating areas rearranged to allow for physical distancing.
• Reduced and spaced out seating on all our transfer and excursion boats.
• Signage and markers communicating health & safety protocols in public spaces.
• Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting.
What adjustments are being made to the guest rooms?
• Complimentary personal safety kits provided in each room, which includes a reusable face masks, hand sanitiser, & alcohol swabs for accessories.
• Using a pre-arrival check-in form to understand guest preferences and only placing desired amenities in the room. All removed items will still be available upon request and are disinfected between each use, with new items provided where possible.
• Minibar items available á la carte and may be ordered in advance of stay through the pre-arrival check-in form.
• Housekeeping services will be available only as frequently as the guest wishes, as indicated in the pre-arrival check-in form.
What safety precautions are you taking in the restaurants?
• Once daily temperature screening at the entrance of restaurants.
• Envelopes on tables for guests to place masks while dining.
• Seating at restaurants that promote physical distancing.
• Menus accessible on your smartphone through a QR code.
• Change of all unused cutlery and disinfection of all touchpoints on the table after each guest.
• Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting for both front and back of house
• All waitstaff and kitchen staff will be wearing masks.
Are you monitoring employee health?
Sunland Hotels is closely monitoring the wellbeing of associates. Any associates with relevant symptoms must not come to work and are required to see a health care professional for assessment and results before returning.
Have there been any confirmed COVID-19 cases on property?
Sunland Hotels does not currently have any confirmed COVID-19 cases among our associates or guests. Should any concerns arise, we have a detailed set of operating procedures to follow in the event of a suspected case of any contagious disease, and our team is trained to manage such situations.
We also have a global network of experts supporting our team and are in touch regularly with local health authorities who will inform our decisions in the event of a confirmed diagnosis.
What is your cancellation policy should I no longer be able to stay?
Guests who booked fully refundable rates can cancel or modify their reservations without penalties by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guests who booked non-flexible rates directly with Sunland Hotels and planned to stay in one of our resorts between now and December 2020 may modify their reservation for a later date up to 3 days prior to arrival without any modification fees (subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) by contacting us directly.
For guests who booked through a travel agent, online booking platform or other third parties, please contact your booking provider directly for assistance.
What safety precautions are you taking in the spa?
• Physical distancing maintained via signage and markers with revised occupancy limits.
• Minimum 24 hours advance bookings for all spa treatments.
• Hand sanitiser stations in key areas throughout the island.
• Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all areas.
Do you have any medical facilities on the resort?
•Yes, we do have first aid medical facilities on the islands. Our medical officers are available 24/7 to assist you. The nearest hospital is located in Male’ City, 30 minutes by speedboat.
Do you arrange Covid-19 PCR testing if necessary?
If your destination upon departure from the Maldives requires a Covid-19 PCR test, we are able to arrange this for you.
The test is conducted on the resort for $165 per person, and the sample is sent to our partner hospital in Male’ for analysis.
Please contact the Front Office team upon arrival to arrange testing during your stay with us.